oxygen wrong behaviours ?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
theos

oxygen wrong behaviours ?

Post by theos »

Hello,
I am using oxygenxml and I have encountered some troubles:

1: I try to open a document that does not have xml extension but has an xml structure. Normally a window appears asking me about the type of document to be opened. If I switch to another application before this windows appears the oxygen window(open file as window ) is hidden and the oxygenxml does not appear as application in taskbar anymore.
2: Oxygenxml is an application with menu in English language. I have windows with locale language settings in German (only for keybord purposes), all menus in windows are in English excepting locals that are in German. I typed "\" in XPath textbox window. I know this is error and so does oxygenxml but the error message box text is in German (I must mention that the applications' language preferences are also set to English).

Suggestions and a small question :
1: It would be nice if oxygen would support repositories like SVN,CVS, bitkepper ans so on
2: It would be nice if oxygen could import data from JDBC data sources into xml according to a specified template.
3: I'd like to write a JDBC import plugin for your program. I would like to know the license conditions for me to distribute my plugin.

Bye theos, :twisted:
george
Site Admin

Re: oxygen wrong behaviours ?

Post by george »

Hi,
theos wrote:1: I try to open a document that does not have xml extension but has an xml structure. Normally a window appears asking me about the type of document to be opened. If I switch to another application before this windows appears the oxygen window(open file as window ) is hidden and the oxygenxml does not appear as application in taskbar anymore.
We were not able to reproduce this. Please make sure you are using Java 1.4.2 and if you still have problems let us know more details about your configuration.
theos wrote:2: Oxygenxml is an application with menu in English language. I have windows with locale language settings in German (only for keybord purposes), all menus in windows are in English excepting locals that are in German. I typed "" in XPath textbox window. I know this is error and so does oxygenxml but the error message box text is in German (I must mention that the applications' language preferences are also set to English).
Oxygen uses Xalan for XPath evaluation and it returns the errors using the default locale. Next release of oXygen will fix this.
theos wrote:1: It would be nice if oxygen would support repositories like SVN,CVS, bitkepper ans so on
We will add that in oXygen standalone but not in a short/medium term. Anyway Eclipse supports a few repositories and you can use the Eclipse plugin version of oXygen to access them. The same oXygen license works with both the standalone version and the Eclipse plugin.
theos wrote:2: It would be nice if oxygen could import data from JDBC data sources into xml according to a specified template.
That is an entry in the pool from the oXygen home page. Vote for it :).
theos wrote: 3: I'd like to write a JDBC import plugin for your program. I would like to know the license conditions for me to distribute my plugin.
You can distribute your plugin under any license you want, we do not place any restrictions on that.

Best Regards,
George