ouput files not opening in browser

Oxygen general issues.
Minnu

ouput files not opening in browser

Post by Minnu »

Hi
Due to some changes in the setting, the ouput is not opening in the browser. Can anyone please let me know how to correct this issue and get the output opened in the browser?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Re: ouput files not opening in browser

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

What is the file type of the transformation output: HTML, PDF, etc.?

Did you change the path of the default Internet browser that was set in Preferences -> Global -- Default Internet browser? If you have the path of an executable application set in this option Oxygen tries first to open the result file with this application otherwise it will try with the default system application registered on yur system for the file type of the result file.

Regards,
Sorin
Minnu

Post by Minnu »

Hi
Sorry for not providing complete information.
The transformation output is HTML. I have checked whether the path is changed, it is not changed. I have not given any path in that field and the field is empty.
Please let me know if you want more information.
Regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Do you mean the extension of the transformation result file is .html? If yes do you run Oxygen on Windows? If yes what is the default application associated with HTML files on your Windows computer, that is what is the application that Windows opens when you double click on an .html file in Windows Explorer? Is it a browser application? If yes the same browser application should be opened automatically at the end of the transformation in Oxygen for opening the transformation result file just like the double click that you did on an .html file in Windows Explorer.

If you are not on Windows or there is no default application associated with .html files on your computer please make sure you create this association first (between .html files and the browser application that you want to use for opening .html files) before running the transformation in Oxygen that will open the transformation result file automatically with the browser application.

Regards,
Sorin
Minnu

Post by Minnu »

Hi Sorin
Thank you for helping me out.
Yes, the extension of the transformation result file is .html. I run Oxygen on Windows and the default application associated with html files is IE. But, the ouput is not automatically opening in IE and also not generating in the output folder.
regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Minnu wrote:and also not generating in the output folder.
What is the type of the transformation scenario? Is a .html output file created as transformation result? Does the Save As field of the scenario specify a .html file? What does the Output tab of the scenario edit dialog contain: the Save As field, the values of the checkbox Open in browser, the radio buttons Saved file and Other location?

Regards,
Sorin
Minnu

Post by Minnu »

Hi
The transformation type is XHTML. The output tab has the following:
Base directory:
Temporary file directory:
Output folder:
Output files
Open in browser: checked
OUtput file: checked
Other location: Unchecked
Open in editor: Unchecked

Regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Minnu wrote:The transformation type is XHTML. The output tab has the following:
Base directory:
Temporary file directory:
Output folder:
Do you mean you removed the default values for these folder options and you did not replace them with other folder paths? Why did you do that? You should either use the default folder paths of these three folder options or edit them and set some valid (existing) folder paths.

I suggest starting again from a built-in scenario by duplicating such a scenario (for example the scenario DITA Map XHTML) and customizing it for your particular transformation but keeping the default values for all the options on the Output tab. If you keep the default values on the Output tab Oxygen will open automatically the index.html file from the output folder at the end of the DITA map transformation.

Regards,
Sorin
Minnu

Post by Minnu »

Hi
Yes, I have the default values as follows:
Base directory: ${cfd}
Temporary files directory: ${cfd}/../Temp
Output folder: ${cfd}/../Output

Regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Do you run a DITA Map XHTML scenario? Does the folder ${cfd}/../Output contain a file called index.html after the DITA map transformation is finished? Is the index.html opened in your default browser application when you double click on that index.html file in Internet Explorer?

Regards,
Sorin
Minnu

Post by Minnu »

Hi
The 'ouput' folder has all the html files except the index.html. When I am running DITA, the build is completing successful but is not creating index.html file in the output folder.
Regards
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

If there is no error reported in the output view where the DITA map transformation messages are logged then the index.html file should be created. Maybe you can send a set of sample XML input files using our Technical Support form for reproducing the problem on our side? Please specify also the parameters that you set/add/modify in your customized DITA Map XHTML scenario in case you do not use the built-in scenario called DITA Map XHTML.

Regards,
Sorin