Some attribute names not displayed in full

Oxygen general issues.
solarian

Some attribute names not displayed in full

Post by solarian »

Hi,

I've noticed a small issue with the "Attributes" panel in both Editor and Author view. Some attribute names are shown in full, whilst others are only partially displayed with the "..." afterwards to indicate some characters are not being displayed. The trouble is, this seems to happen to short attribute names, even when there is plenty of space to display the full attribute name. I'll give you an example attribute list, with the hidden characters enclosed in square brackets:

Code: Select all

ana
copyOf
corresp
exclude
facs
key
n
next
nymRef
p[rev]
[ref]
rend
rendition
The thing is, I really can't see why those attribute names aren't displaying in full, when there is plenty of room for those longer names. Whilst not a serious issue, of course, it is a little frustrating.

Thanks again for this excellent piece of software.

Ian
sorin_ristache

Re: Some attribute names not displayed in full

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I tried to reproduce the problem but I cannot do that. When all the characters of the attribute names copyOf and corresp are visible in the Attribute column the attributes pref and rend are also visible in the Attribute column because they are shorter attribute names. What is your platform? What font did you set in Preferences -> Fonts -- Text components?

Regards,
Sorin
solarian

Post by solarian »

I reset the global options and still found the problem occuring, but I realised this was because I am using JRE 1.7.0. It happens even with default settings in JRE 1.7.0, so I would imagine it's something to do with the way fonts are now handled in 1.7.0 (the reason I use it is because it includes better support for OpenType fonts, so they must have changed something).
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Oxygen does not support Java 1.7 because it was not released officially. We will have to test Oxygen with an official release of Java 1.7 before this support.

Regards,
Sorin
solarian

Post by solarian »

Of course, I didn't expect you to support 1.7. Thanks again for your help :)