Odd behaviour with "Open in System Application"

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
martindholmes

Odd behaviour with "Open in System Application"

Post by martindholmes »

Using oXygen 10.3 on 64-bit Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04):

When I choose to "Open file in system application" from the right-click menu in the project browser, I get some rather odd behaviour with a range of different file types, including .doc, .pdf and .odt. Instead of just launching the program configured on the system to handle these file types, oXygen first seems to launch an old version of Firefox, which then launches Open Office Writer, or Document Viewer, to handle the file. I'm then left with an annoying instance of an old Firefox version that I have to close.

All these document types open with the correct applications when double-clicked in the file manager or elsewhere, so I'm wondering where oXygen got the idea that it should pass them to Firefox, and why it persists in launching an old version of Firefox when 3.5 is the current handler for HTML files and other web content. Where does oXygen store this setting? How can I change it?

All help appreciated,
Martin
sorin_ristache

Re: Odd behaviour with "Open in System Application"

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

On Linux the action tries first the application set in the preference Default Internet browser from Preferences -> Global if there is a file path set in this preference. If no file path is set in this preference or the application from the file path cannot be started it will try to open by name (without a specific file path) an application from a list that includes firefox and konqueror. Maybe we should call the action Open in browser?

Regards,
Sorin
braddmark

Post by braddmark »

When the oXygen first seems to launch an old version of Firefox is is really great on html.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

braddmark wrote:When the oXygen first seems to launch an old version of Firefox is is really great on html.
I am sorry, it is not clear what you are trying to point out. Can you clarify?

Thank you,
Sorin