"Unindent" selection option

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Makka

"Unindent" selection option

Post by Makka »

There is currently an Indent Selection option on the XSL menu but no corresponding "Unindent" (Outdent maybe?) option. This would be very useful with maybe a Ctrl+Shift+U shortcut key which is common in other applications and coincides nicely with the Ctrl+Shift+I shortcut for Indent.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

What do you mean by "unindent selection" ? The menu item "Indent selection" is the Format and indent function restricted to the current selection. If you need just to indent/unindent the selection you can use Tab/Shift+Tab. Maybe the name "Format and indent selection" would express better the function of the menu item ?

Best regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

If you want to reverse the effect of the Indent selection menu item you can use the action Undo from the Edit menu (or CTRL + Z).
makka

Post by makka »

I wasn't aware that tab and shift tab worked with selected text and there appears to be no reference to it in the documentation or help. However even if I was aware about them I wouldn't use them as Tab is a common keystroke and getting used to using it to indent a selection is bad news when you use an application that does not support this as you trash the selected text!

To rephrase my request: how about adding the keystroke combination to the shortcut key settings so that users can change the keystroke to something else?