Tab key in XPath Builder

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
csalsa

Tab key in XPath Builder

Post by csalsa »

Hi

<oXygen/> XML Editor 10.2, build 2009051915

The 'tab' key is not working the same in the XPath Builder as in the editor. In the editor, I use 'cntrl-space' to bring up a context list of items valid at the cursor insertion point. I can select an item and use either the 'return' or 'tab' key to copy the selection into the editor.

However, if I select from the context list in the XPath Builder, I cannot use the 'tab' key to copy from the context list.

Please fix this and make the behavior consistent.
sorin_ristache

Re: Tab key in XPath Builder

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In a view or in a dialog the Tab key is used to move the focus to other button or field, for example in the XPath Builder view the Tab key moves the focus to the Execute button. In the content completion window it should work the same as in the editor and we will make the Tab key consistent with the editor.

Regards,
Sorin
csalsa

Post by csalsa »

Hi Sorin

Thanks for your reply and your explanation of the dual use of the tab key for the selection from the context menu and for navigating. This I understood. Thanks for upcoming fix in advance.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We fixed the problem. In the next version of Oxygen the Tab key will work in the XPath Builder view as the Enter key in the content completion window, that is insert the current item of the content completion window in the editable area of the view.

Regards,
Sorin