Generating xml files with result-document

Oxygen general issues.
jrhooker

Generating xml files with result-document

Post by jrhooker »

Hi all,

I'm using result-document to generate multiple XML files from a single XML document, but I can't figure out how to configure the transform so that the documents are actually created. When I run the transform from the Editor interface, it only creates the first file and then stops the transform. When I run the transform from the Debugger interface, I can see the files being created in the results window, but the files aren't actually created in the drive location defined in thier tabs in the results window. What am I missing here?

Thanks.
sorin_ristache

Re: Generating xml files with result-document

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If you try to create multiple output files using xsl:result-document the files should be created on disk without problems when you run the transform in the Editor perspective. They are not created on disk in the Debugger perspective because the output of xsl:result-document is redirected to output views displayed in the right side of the Debugger perspective. This allows you to see what is sent to the disk files in a normal transformation executed in the Editor perspective.

You should have the option Show xsl:result-document output enabled in Preferences / XML / XSLT-FO-XQuery / Debugger (by default it is enabled) and see the content of each output document in a separate output view at the right side of the window in the debugger. Does the transform stops in the debugger at the same point as when running the transformation in the Editor perspective? If the transform stops in the Editor perspective but it does not stop in the Debugger perspective please send sample files for reproducing the problem.

Regards,
Sorin