XML instance generator - export problem

Oxygen general issues.
alk

XML instance generator - export problem

Post by alk »

Hi,

I just tried the export function of the XML instance generator to save my settings for generating a specific instance file and realised that the created config.xml does not contain the namespace prefixes that I defined. Therefore I fear that the default prefixes are used when calling the generator from the command line - I know, it actually doesn't matter, but speaking prefixes often prove to be useful. Is it a bug or has this been left out intentionally?

Cheers
- Alex
sorin_ristache

Re: XML instance generator - export problem

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Yes, the namespace prefix mappings are not saved to the external file but they should be saved too. They are set by the user in the dialog box for generating XML instances from a schema so they should be saved together with the other user settings of the same dialog box. I logged your request for the next version of Oxygen.

Thank you for pointing out the problem,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

We fixed the problem for the next version of Oxygen. The prefix - namespace mappings are saved too in the configuration file of the XML instance generator tool.

Regards,
Sorin
alk

Post by alk »

Hello,

I just found out that there is still a little problem regarding the namespace mapping. Even though the mapping is now exported correctly into the configuration file the command line utility just doesn't care about these settings and still creates namespace prefixes n1, n2, ... instead of the ones defined in the mapping.

Best regards
- Alex
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Thank you for reporting the problem. We will fix it. Unfortunately the only workaround is generating the XML instances from the UI dialog Generate Sample XML Files.

Regards,
Sorin