Some quick questions

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Some quick questions

Post by Guest »

Dear ppl@oXygen,

A couple of quick questions:

A) If I buy Oxygen then can I use both the eclipse plugin & the standalone or would I have to buy licences for both?

B) Creating a test doc from a schema.

1) If I create a test document from a schema the relevant Elements are created but it doesn't seem to put in the attributes of those elements. Is that a bug or is there a setting to add the attributes to the auto-created elements as well as just the elements themselves?

2) If an element is mandatory (min=1) & it contains mandatory elements will they be created i.e. can it/does it go through the tree adding mandatory elements & their mandatory children & thus possibly the mandatory grandchildren etc ?

TIA

Adam
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Adam,
A) If I buy Oxygen then can I use both the eclipse plugin & the standalone or would I have to buy licences for both?
One license is enough. The license is bound to the user and not to a particular distribution or operating system.
B) Creating a test doc from a schema.

1) If I create a test document from a schema the relevant Elements are created but it doesn't seem to put in the attributes of those elements. Is that a bug or is there a setting to add the attributes to the auto-created elements as well as just the elements themselves?
The required attributes will be automatically added if you enable this from options. See Options->Preferences -- Editor/Tag Insight/Features/Insert the required attributes option.
2) If an element is mandatory (min=1) & it contains mandatory elements will they be created i.e. can it/does it go through the tree adding mandatory elements & their mandatory children & thus possibly the mandatory grandchildren etc ?
Yes, it will go down any number of levels.

Best Regards,
George