Binding Keys othe than CTRL SHFT something

Oxygen general issues.
yea420

Binding Keys othe than CTRL SHFT something

Post by yea420 »

Hello, and thanks in advance for the help.

I've been running over examples of creating actions through Java for Author Mode and so far am very impressed. However I've run up against a wall. I'm interesting in making a "track changes" action that will be invoked each time the user clicks on the delete button. It seems that through the Document Type -> Author -> Actions Dialog, actions can only be invoked through the ctrl shift something Key stroke.

I'm wondering if there is any way of doing this, have an action fire on a single keystroke?

Thanks,

Spencer
sorin_ristache

Re: Binding Keys othe than CTRL SHFT something

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

No, an Author mode action cannot be fired on a single keystroke. The shortcut of an Author action must contain a combination of Ctrl, Alt and Shift because single keystrokes (Delete, a, b, c, etc) have their standard meaning in an editing application.

We plan to implement track changes in a future version of the Oxygen Author application so that it is a built-in feature of the Author, not a user defined customization.

Regards,
Sorin
sacco

Post by sacco »

sorin wrote:No, an Author mode action cannot be fired on a single keystroke. The shortcut of an Author action must contain a combination of Ctrl, Alt and Shift because single keystrokes (Delete, a, b, c, etc) have their standard meaning in an editing application.

We plan to implement track changes in a future version of the Oxygen Author application so that it is a built-in feature of the Author, not a user defined customization
Was there ever any progress with this?
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

It is currently scheduled for the end of January/beginning of February.

Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
sacco

Post by sacco »

Most interesting.

How (assuming that you are referring to track changes functionality) is it to be integrated with a content schema/DTD, i.e. how will the tracked changes be saved? A distinguished namespace? Will it be possible to customise this aspect?

Will there be options to track moves, replication, etc?

Finally, is there any way I could get a look at a beta with this feature (even in a basic form) and, if possible, the current specification of the feature being added? I'm being asked to propose solutions before a critical meeting at the end of January for a basic set of requirements, with the expectation that the solution proposed may form the basis of further developments. At the moment my main options are XMetaL and in-house development, but I'd like to see if I can add <oXygen/> to the list.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

That will be probably handled using processing instructions.
Watch this forum and we will post here when we have the feature implemented. Then contact us at support at oxygenxml.com and we will provide you access to a test build.
George Cristian Bina
sacco

Post by sacco »

george wrote:That will be probably handled using processing instructions.
Good!
george wrote:Watch this forum and we will post here when we have the feature implemented. Then contact us at support at oxygenxml.com and we will provide you access to a test build.
OK Hope to hear soon.
dylan

Post by dylan »

With oXygen 10.1 just released, I thought now would be a good time to ask again about 'track changes' functionality. If 10.2 beta has anything like that, I would be interested to get my hands on it.

Also, (with respect to the thread title), it says on your web site:

"[API] Author extensions can receive document change notifications
The API for developing Author extensions provides support to receive notifications when the XML document is changed."

Does this mean that developers can now bind to individual keystrokes instead of CRTL SHIFT something?

Thanks!!
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The developers of Author extensions cannot bind to keystrokes. The Author extension receives a notification about a document change after the document was changed.

We do not have a version 10.2 beta but we will work on the track changes functionality.

Regards,
Sorin
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Dylan,

Change tracking will be available in Oxygen 10.2.
Read more about this here:
http://blog.oxygenxml.com/

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com