Cannot write a file over WebDAV with 3.0

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
gammoth

Cannot write a file over WebDAV with 3.0

Post by gammoth »

I'm running Apache 2.0.48 on Linux and am able to read and write files over WebDAV no problem using oXygen 2.0.4. The client runs on Linux as well.

However, with oXygen 3.0, I can read files but cannot write them. I get a dialog box saying there was a broken pipe.

I downloaded the Jakarta Slide command line app, with which I am able to read and write files. I switched DEBUG on and noticed that it too encounters a broken pipe exception when writing, but catches it, re-connects, and successfully writes the file.

Perhaps some exception handling code was cleaned up in the new release.

Much obliged,
Jonathan
Dan

Post by Dan »

Thank you for letting us know.
We will include code for handling recoverable exceptions in Oxygen version 3.1.
Best regards,
Dan
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello,

I have compiled a new version with the http part modified, so it tries to recover from http errors.

http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/oxygen3.1a.jar

Please rename this file to oxygen.jar and copy it into the lib directory of the installation folder, then try again to connect to the server.
Do not forget to make a backup copy to the oxygen.jar before. Let me know if it functions normally.

If you still have problems, try to run the editor in debug mode and send me the log result file, "oxygen.log" created in the installation directory. My address is dan ( at oxygenxml dot com ).
To turn on the logging of the editor, create a file named "log4j.properties" in the installation directory with the following content:

----------
log4j.rootCategory= debug, R2

# R2 will write log to file
log4j.appender.R2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R2.File=oxygen.log
log4j.appender.R2.MaxFileSize=12000KB
log4j.appender.R2.MaxBackupIndex=4
log4j.appender.R2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.R2.layout.ConversionPattern=%r %p [ %t ] %c - %m%n

----------
Last edited by Dan on Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
gammoth

Thanks!

Post by gammoth »

Thanks Dan, I'll give it a try.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the logs!
I noticed that you are using a proxy server. Please note that the proxies usually do not know how to handle WebDAV requests, and this is what happens in your case. The workaround for this is to unselect the "Use proxy" checkbox from the Options/Preferences/Proxy Settings.
Let me know if this solves the problem. If it does, you can revert to the original oxygen.jar file and erase the log4j.properties file, otherwise send me again the log files.

Best regards,
Dan
gammoth

That's fixed it

Post by gammoth »

Hi Dan,

Hooopla! That's got it.

I had set the 'no proxy for' option to a domain name minus the host, ie .chi.com. When I added the hostname, it worked fine, ie ada.chi.com.

Thanks very much. Now, I get both WebDAV and the new features of 3.0!

Cheers and much obliged,
Jonathan
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello Jonathan,

I am glad it works. If you encounter other problems, please let me know.

Many regards,
Dan