Error 500 when accessing a WebDAV url

Oxygen general issues.
mphare

Error 500 when accessing a WebDAV url

Post by mphare »

Hi,

I'm still on Oxygen v.8.2, hopefully that will be changing in the next few weeks.

I have set up a mod_dav on my Apache 2.2 server (running on Windows XP) and I can access the configured location from a web server.

I cannot, however, access it from Oxygen. I get an Error 500 when I put the location url into the 'Server URL' in the Oxygen "Open Using FTP/WebDAV" dialog box and try to browse.

Is there something else I need to configure?
--------------------------

- mike

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 1AD4 726D E359 A31D 05BF ACE5 CA93 7AD5 D8E3 A876
sorin_ristache

Re: Error 500 when accessing a WebDAV url

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The error code 500 signals an internal server error. What does the log of your Apache server say when you try to connect to it from the Open Using FTP/WebDAV dialog of Oxygen? We try to see if the requests are not sent correctly by the HTTP client of Oxygen or the mod_dav module of the server does not reply correctly to the requests.

Regards,
Sorin
mphare

Post by mphare »

Thanks, checking the error log showed me I had left out the DAVLockDB directive in the apache config file.

Works great now.

But now I have question.. can I add a WebDAV directory to the project tree so I can see all the subdirs and files?

This is going to be a little difficult to use if I can only browse and open my XML repository file-by-file.

Thanks again!

- m

- mike

mphare

Post by mphare »

mmm... think I got it.
I imported from the web the webdav url into the project.

Now, it didn't copy everything from the web site onto my local harddrive did it?

Thanks,

- m

- mike

sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

I was going to tell you about the action Import Remote Folders available in the Project view :-) No, this action does not download the files on your computer. It just adds the URLs of the imported files to the logical folder of the Oxygen project where you imported the remote files / folders.

Regards,
Sorin