oXygen 9.1 -- WSDL SOAP Anaylzer over SSL

Oxygen general issues.
amcgrath

oXygen 9.1 -- WSDL SOAP Anaylzer over SSL

Post by amcgrath »

I have been using the WSDL SOAP Analyzer to send messages to a server and review the responses. Now that we have enabled SSL on that server I get the following error:

[ class ro.sync.ui.application.A.L ] - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at ro.sync.exml.I.X.A.A.A(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.I.X.A.A.B(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.I.X.A.P$11.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.application.A.L$_A$1.Ç›(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.application.A.run(Unknown Source)

Is there a way to configure this tool to communicate over https?
sorin_ristache

Re: oXygen 9.1 -- WSDL SOAP Anaylzer over SSL

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You have to register the certificate of the HTTPS server to which you want to connect from oXygen in the certificate store of the Java virtual machine that runs oXygen. You can find the home folder of this Java virtual machine in the java.home property listed in the System properties tab of the About dialog opened from menu Help -> About. Do you get the error after registering the certificate? Is the error displayed when you send the SOAP request to the server?

Regards,
Sorin
amcgrath

Post by amcgrath »

I have installed the certificates in cacert keystore using Keytool for the JDK that oXygen is running on (locally) and I am still getting the same error. It displays after I hit the send button. I click the 'ok' button to clear the popup and a second popup is still trying to connect to host...it will just sit there until it timesout.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Can you send us a sample WSDL file and the URL of the Web service for reproducing the problem? If not please contact us to tell you how to obtain a log of oXygen with logging data about the error.

Regards,
Sorin
amcgrath

Post by amcgrath »

The service is internal (a.k.a. behind firewall) making it unaccessible. SO I will need to know how I can collect some logs for your review. I will submit a request to the link above.
amcgrath

Post by amcgrath »

Thanks for your assistance with this issue. I believe installing the certificates in the carcerts of the JRE was fix here, but I am guessing it did not take effect until I rebooted my computer. The SOAP Analyzer is working as expected now over SSL. Thanks again!