Formatting topicref in relationship table

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
Indiwren

Formatting topicref in relationship table

Post by Indiwren »

In a relationship table, I want to refer to a pdf file that has an italicized title. Is there anyway to make this happen? Can I us the <i> tag, as in <i>navtitle="File Name"</>. Right now, Oxygen doesn't like this, but is there a work around?
sorin_ristache

Re: Formatting topicref in relationship table

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is not clear how you encode the reference to the PDF file. Is the reference an XML attribute or an XML element in an XML document? How do you want to render the XML document? Do you transform the XML document with an XSLT stylesheet to render an italicized title in the output format? In this case you need to generate an italic text in the output by matching the XML attribute or the XML element with an XSLT template and writing the italic text at the output from the stylesheet.

Is it one of the predefined document types of oXygen which are listed in Options -> Preferences -> Document Type Association or a custom document type that you need to create?

Regards,
Sorin
Indiwren

Post by Indiwren »

Great questions! I'll try to answer, though I'm not sure I understand them all.
The following appears in a relationship table in a ditamap in Oxygen:
<topicref format="pdf" href="Reference.pdf" linking="targetonly"
navtitle="Reference"/>

I want this to appear in a Concept as a Related Link, like so: [i]Reference[/i] in an HTML document. There are already some pre-existing Related Links in this document, but I don't want those others to be italic, only this one pdf file.
I'm not a developer, but our developers have built a system to handle dita. We do use XSLT style sheets, but I don't format them. It sounds like I need to get one of our developers to "generate an italic text in the output by matching the XML attribute or the XML element with an XSLT template and writing the italic text at the output from the stylesheet", as you suggested.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Indeed, as you said, the only way to accomplish this seems to be modifying/customizing the DITA to HTML stylesheets and output an italic element depending on a certain attribute (like "importance") that you set on the topicref in the reltable.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com