Model view show type?

Oxygen general issues.
CODave

Model view show type?

Post by CODave »

I'm using Oxygen v8.2. I have XML documents that I'm testing validation and in doing so I'd like to use the Model view to show the element attributes, description, etc. but it does not show the type, which in my case is storing the element name. Is there any way to get this to show up in the model view or any other view when I click on an element?

I am not an XML expert so please forgive any terms I've gotten wrong.

Thanks,
Dave
sorin_ristache

Re: Model view show type?

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The Model view displays all the data declared in the type of the element that the cursor is placed on: the element name that you wanted, the namespace, the content model, the attributes, the type of content. The purpose is to display the type declared in the schema for the current element without the need of switching from the edited XML document to the schema of the document for seeing the type contents and then switching back to the XML document for continuing to edit it. So I do not see why you need the type name displayed in a view.

Anyway you can go to the definition of an element by right clicking on the element in the XML document and selecting the action Show Definition (default shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Enter). This action opens the schema file and places the cursor on the type definition.

Regards,
Sorin