Error in Sharepoint plugin configuration dialog

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hostmasternccer

Error in Sharepoint plugin configuration dialog

Post by hostmasternccer »

The Sharepoint plugin configuration dialog and documentation pages have outdated information on them.
The links provided points to the old azure portal (portal.windowsazure.com) which I believe has been gone for a while, and the instructions appear to be out of date in several other ways as well. The configuration options described in the documentation have some differences from the current Azure screens.
I know Microsoft changes their URLs the way most people change their socks, but this isn't a recent change.
hostmasternccer

Re: Error in Sharepoint plugin configuration dialog

Specific example:
Choose the API permissions category. Add permissions by clicking the Add a permission button, selecting the relevant permissions, and pressing Add permission:
Microsoft Graph > Delegated permissions > Sites.Read.All (reads items in all site collections).
SharePoint > Delegated permissions > AllSites.Write (reads and writes items in all site collections).
Azure Active Directory Graph > Delegated permissions > User.Read (signs in and reads user profile).
Azure Active Directory Graph is no longer available, and Microsoft recommends migrating to Microsoft Graph instead. However their "help" on this topic is a mess of marketing doubletalk and vague recommendations.
Gabriel Titerlea
Site Admin

Post by Gabriel Titerlea »

Hello,

Thank you for the bug report. I've registered an internal ticket and we'll update this forum post when these issues have been addressed.
Did you manage to configure the SharePoint connection despite the outdated instructions?

Best,
Gabriel
hostmasternccer

I've not been able to get it working yet. I was able to figure out some of the required changes eventually, but I'm having a problem with the Azure and tomcat urls not matching up.
hostmasternccer

Here's the error I'm getting currently.
Type Status Report
Message The requested resource [/oxygenxml-web-author/plugins-dispatcher/sp-oauth] is not available
Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

I am guessing it may be the permissions, but not sure.
Gabriel Titerlea
Site Admin

Post by Gabriel Titerlea »

Hello,
The requested resource [/oxygenxml-web-author/plugins-dispatcher/sp-oauth] is not available
What does the full URL from the browser's address bar look like when you see this error message?

The error message indicates that either:
  • The Redirect URL may not have been configured correctly
  • There's an unknown problem, and seeing the server logs might tell us more
We can continue this debugging process by email at support@oxygenxml.com if you need to share the server logs.

Best,
Gabriel
hostmasternccer

Thanks, I will follow up with a support email.