Change Tracking & Review Panel

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Johannab_31

Change Tracking & Review Panel

Post by Johannab_31 »

Hello,

We are upgrading from Oxygen Web Author V19.1 to V23.1

After the upgrade the Review Panel on the right-hand side stopped updating when a change was made to the DITA while in Change Tracking Mode.

We don't have any customization of the Change Tracking functionality (I think). Our options.xml file has the following setting

<entry>
<String>track.changes.initial.state</String>
<Integer>2</Integer>
</entry>

Looking at the browser debugging console we have the JS error

Code: Select all

Uncaught TypeError: this.markersModel_.getSelectedMarker is not a function.... review-side-panel.min.js:5:84
This seems to be the result of a security issue. Is there some security setting we need to set somewhere?

Many Thanks for your help,

Johanna (SAP)
cristi_talau

Re: Change Tracking & Review Panel

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

From the limited information about the error it seems that you are using a file called "review-side-panel.min.js" that is not part of the Web Author distribution. Some information may be useful to troubleshoot the problem:
  • Do you have a custom plugin or framework with JS code for Web Author?
  • If yes, do you happen to call non-API methods from Web Author?
  • You can try to remove all the custom JS code (now I expect that Web Author works) and add it piece by piece until you Web Author does not start anymore and this way you can find the problematic code.
  • Can you share the entire JS stack trace of the error you mentioned above.
Best,
Cristian
Johannab_31

Post by Johannab_31 »

Hi Cristian,

Thanks v much for the clue. I was in correct in my post - review-side-panel.min.js is customized code.

Looks like we can fix on our side.

Best,
Johanna
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

While you are still in the upgrade process, I wanted to let you know that we plan to release version 24 of Web Author in October.

If you want to upgrade directly to version 24 you can either wait a month or let us know what Web Author distribution you are using so that we can give you a beta version to try.

Best,
Cristian