Remove link (chain symbols) from section headings

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Greg_Gruner

Remove link (chain symbols) from section headings

Post by Greg_Gruner »

I am using Oxygen XML Author 22.1.
Output is responsive webhelp.
When I add a link from one topic to a section within another topic, a small chain link symbol is added to the right of the section heading. When you click on that symbol, that section moves to the top of the page.
How do you remove that chain link symbol?
Costin

Re: Remove link (chain symbols) from section headings

Post by Costin »

Hi Greg,

Indeed, this is how the links to content in another topic is represented in the current implementation of the WebHelp output - through pernalinks.
However, even if there is no out-of-the-box support for removing those from the output, this could be easily achieved through CSS, so you should use a customization CSS of your own to customize the output.
For example, to remove all of the "chain link" symbols, you should match all occurrences of the permalink element through CSS and hide them in the output, like:

Code: Select all

.permalink{
    display: none;
}
Whenever you need to fine-tune the output styling, you could use CSS customizations. In this section from the User-Guide you can find helpful information on how to use an internet browser's CSS inspector to inspect the source style of the output and make it easier to identify the right selectors you should use in order to match specific elements which you want to change styles for and how to create and use your customization CSS.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Greg_Gruner

Re: Remove link (chain symbols) from section headings

Post by Greg_Gruner »

Thanks, Costin.
I wanted to remove all the links, and adding:

.permalink{
display: none;
}