Cannot perform the quick fix

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Johann

Cannot perform the quick fix

Post by Johann »

Hello,

Some quick fixes do not work. In the "Validation" widget, a validation error appears: "The "aaa" attribute with the value "" must have a value from the "xxx yyy zzz" list.
When I click on the quick fix: Replace value "" with "xxx" in attribute "aaa", the popup error appears:

Cannot perform the quick fix: Cannot map line and column in Author page: 9:515

Johann
tavy

Re: Cannot perform the quick fix

Post by tavy »

Hello Johann,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the error. Maybe you can give me more details. What version of Oxygen do you use? The quick fix is provided by a Schematron validation, or is from the XSD, DTD, RNG validation?
It will be great if you can send me some sample files to reproduce the problem, and XML document and a schema. You can add the sample files here, or you can send them to our support email address support@oxygenxml.com.

Best Regards,
Octavian
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Johann

Post by Johann »

Hello,

I am using 23.1.0.0 version.

The quick fix is provided by a DTD validation.

Here is an example.

document.xml:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE description PUBLIC "MY-DESCRIPTION"
        "description.dtd">
<description mode=""/>
description.dtd:

<!ENTITY % graphmode.AttGrp "
        mode (inline|thumbnail|text) #REQUIRED">

<!ELEMENT description EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST description
	%graphmode.AttGrp;
>
Johann
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hi,

We managed to reproduce this problem in Web Author if we first modify the document and then quickly apply the quick fix. The error appears if the validation is not retriggered until the quick fix is applied and the node position in the document has changed (due to the first modification).
We added an issue in our internal issue tracker to fix this problem and we will update this thread when it will be available.

Can you tell us please if this is also your case? Do you remove some node or make other change in the document before applying the quick fix? Or do you have some customization that changes the document after loading?

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
Johann

Post by Johann »

Hello,

If I open the document:

<description mode=""/>
The quick fix that adds an attribute value works.

If I open the document:

<description />
The first quick fix that adds the required "mode" attribute works but the second one that adds the attribute value does not work.

It seems that if the attribute is generated, the quick fix that adds an attribute value does not work.

Johann
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

To better understand your use case, can you please tell us if the second quick fix appears after you apply the one that adds the required "mode" attribute? Or both quick fixes are presented together in the Validation view and you apply them one after another?

We want to be sure that this is the same problem that we managed to reproduce.
If you want, you can send us a short video (you can send it on our email address: support@oxygenxml.com) with the steps you perform.

Best Regards,
Mihaela.
Mihaela Calotescu
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

We managed to reproduce the problem, by using one of the options set in your option.xml file:

<entry>
            <String>author.format.compatibility</String>
            <Integer>1</Integer>
        </entry>
This means that, when the document is modified, breaking lines is avoided after element start or end tags and indenting will not be used.
So, it seems that the problem is that this option is not taken into account also when calculating the position were the quick fix is applied.
We added an issue in our internal issue tracker and we will update this thread when the fix will be available.

Thank you again for your help!

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
Johann

Post by Johann »

Hello,

Glad to know that the problem has been identified!

Regards,

Johann
andrei_popa

Post by andrei_popa »

The problem should be fixed in the latest maintenance build of version 24 (24.0.0.4)

Best regards,
Andrei