Oxygen 8 keeps using Internet Explorer

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Nicol Bolas

Oxygen 8 keeps using Internet Explorer

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Whenever I perform a transformation scenario that says "Open in browser", Oxygen 8 uses IE, when my default browser is Firefox. Even worse, this still happens when I use a conversion to PDF, so my computer gets strange when Internet Explorer tries to open a PDF.

This all was working fine in Oxygen 7.2 and before. What changed and how can I fix it?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It seems the HTML files are not correctly associated by the installer on some Windows computers. We will try to fix the problem in the next version.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If you set the path to firefox.exe in Options -> Preferences -> Global -> Default Internet browser then oXygen uses that path to open the result of a transformation.

Regards,
Sorin
Nicol Bolas

Post by Nicol Bolas »

That worked... kinda. It's not using IE, but the other problems remain.

Oxygen 7.x used the Windows-defined file associations (probably via a "start" command-line command) for opening the file. That's the behavior that I want back, if for no other reason than the fact that it's silly to open a PDF in a web-browser when Acrobat Reader is right there.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The name of the option is "Open in browser", that is a Web browser, not "Open in the default system application". oXygen starts IE because it is the first in the list of browsers that it finds on your system. I think the behavior of version 8.0 is correct. Maybe we should add an option "Option in system application" to the scenario.

Regards,
Sorin