Not able to install Oxygen, Asking for Username/Password

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
SinghRj

Not able to install Oxygen, Asking for Username/Password

Post by SinghRj »

Hi All,

I am installing Oxygen by running the "installWindowsService.bat" then it is asking for the Admin username/password.
How I can get the Admin username/password. I have underlined where it is asking for Admin username.

Arguments 0
-------
Usage:

licenseServer.bat [port]

port - the port of the license server

If no argument is given the default port is "8080".
No arguments are given - the default port is "8080".
2019-05-24 16:29:02.927:INFO::main: Logging initialized @142ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog

No Administrator and User credentials are set.
These credentials will be requested whenever you access the license server web interface, for example in order to replace the license key.

Configure users

Admin username :

Thanks,
Ranjeet Singh
adrian

Re: Not able to install Oxygen, Asking for Username/Password

Post by adrian »

Hello,

What product do you intend to install, Oxygen XML Editor, Oxygen XML Author, Oxygen XML Developer or something else entirely?

You are currently trying to install the Oxygen HTTP License Server, which is not the product but the server responsible with licensing the product. If you want to do a mass deployment (tens of users or more) or you have floating licenses for Oxygen then the license server is the way to go. If you just want to install Oxygen for one user (e.g yourself), you're on the wrong path, try downloading and installing Oxygen from here:
Download Oxygen XML Products for Windows, Mac, and Linux

If you actually want to install the Oxygen HTTP License Server then you need to provide a user name and password for an admin account and another set of credentials for a generic user account. The admin account is used to log into the web interface for managing the licenses and the user account is used within the Oxygen "Help > Register" dialog.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com