More complex 'Copy XPath'

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
amix

More complex 'Copy XPath'

Post by amix »

It would be nice to be able to copy the full XPath to the place, where the cursor is, including attributes, instead for only the current element node.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Thank you for your request. We will include also the name of the attribute in the XPath expression when the cursor is positioned on an attribute.

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

Than you very much.

What about some view, that shows in realtime the position we are at within an XML file, using a valid XSLT select expression ? This would ideally be a listview, that alllows for a checkmark to be set next to each entry. The checkmark would remember the expression (and this the place). The user would go through the interesting parts of the XML and check the places. In the end, a button could be pressed: Generate XSLT, which would create an XSLT skeleteon/fragment with empty templates for these laces ?

Otherwise, a full XSLT "select" expression for the current cursor-location within the tree, maybe at the status-bar, in any case copyable, would also be nice. Like an expression for the absolute path to that location (I guess anything else would be overkill and close to impossible to realize).

Anyway, thanks for your nice work and thanks for the relaxed licensing, which makes me feel very good.
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Andreas,

The problem of the XPath expression for the current cursor position was discussed before on the forum. The request is logged to our database but we did not find a satisfactory solution yet.

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

Ok. I am already very thankful for the expanded "Copy XPath". :-)
Andreas