"Styled" interface like Authentic or XML Mind?

Oxygen general issues.
ckohl

"Styled" interface like Authentic or XML Mind?

Post by ckohl »

Is it possible to attach a stylesheet to an XML document so that the user won't have to edit the XML source any more but could rather work with a form-like interface? XML Mind and Altova Authentic offer this but they don't support inline bidirectional text (English/Hebrew). And our users refuse to edit the XML source and insist on a "nice" interface - and so far I can see now way out of this dilemma.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

That is not possible in <oXygen/>. Your users can avoid editing the XML source directly by using the grid editor which will be available in a short time in the next version of <oXygen/>. The grid editor will allow editing an XML document in a form-like interface but the interface will not be configurable with your own stylesheet, only the colors will be configurable. You can see a preview of the grid editor here. The bidirectional support does not work yet in the grid editor but it is on our list of enhancements for a second version of oXygen after the initial release of the grid editor.

Regards,
Sorin
ckohl

Post by ckohl »

Thank you for posting the screenshot! Actually, this looks very promising (i.e. presentable to non-tech users :wink: ), I'll wait for the release of the grid editor then.

Regards,
Christian
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

sorin wrote:The bidirectional support does not work yet in the grid editor but it is on our list of enhancements for a second version of oXygen after the initial release of the grid editor.
In fact there is more progress now and probably the support for right to left text will work correctly in the grid editor for the first release which will include this editor.

Regards,
Sorin