Display problems in Internet Explorer

Oxygen general issues.
shygin

Display problems in Internet Explorer

Post by shygin »

Hi,

I am a novice in XML and also a newbie to oxygen XML editor. I have recently tried to convert a doument in MS word to XML. For that i had copied the whole text from Word to Oxygen XML editor and provided suitable tags using TEI DTD. It got successfully parsed but when i view it in Internet Explorer, at the end of each tag its providing a line break, though when i view it in oxygen whole thing is in a single line.

My code:-
<p>Declaration of Independence <q>We the people of......... against anti&ndash;slavery</q>.&mdash; Declaration</p>

This when viewed in IE 6.0, becomes like this:-

<p>Declaration of Independence "We the people of......... against anti
_

slavery"
_

Declaration</p>

I have tried changing the options in Preferences but still the problem persists. I am not sure where I am going wrong. Is there any settings in OXygen that will help me to solve this or it has something to do with IE 6.0.

Please someone guide me.

SNV
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is a problem of IE 6.0. Replace the &mdash; and &ndash; references with the character codes:

Code: Select all

anti–slavery&#8217;.&#8212; Declaration
An alternative is to transform the TEI document to HTML using the TEI HTML transformation scenario in <oXygen/> and make sure Open in browser is selected in the scenario to open the HTML result in a browser. If IE 6.0 is not the default browser you should set the path to iexplore.exe in Options -> Preferences -> Global -> Default Internet browser so that the HTML result is opened in IE 6.0.

Regards,
Sorin