Toggle UTF-8 / numeric entity view

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dsewell

Toggle UTF-8 / numeric entity view

Post by dsewell »

I am working with XML files in native UTF-8 that contain a number of different Unicode spaces (like em space, U+2003, and figure space, U+2007). In the editor, of course these all look exactly like regular spaces. It would be a nice feature to have some sort of toggle that would allow them to be represented by their numeric value, or maybe by some distinctive icons.

The characters in question are mostly the ones in this table:

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/chars/spaces.html

(The "escape selection" feature that operates on source code is helpful, but of course it makes a change to the underlying character data of the file; I am talking only about offering a different view of the character data.)
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We will consider displaying the Unicode space characters with special marks as the TAB, nbsp, EOL characters are displayed now (see Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Show TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF marks). I added an enhancement on our bugzilla.

Thank you,
Sorin
dsewell

Post by dsewell »

sorin wrote:We will consider displaying the Unicode space characters with special marks as the TAB, nbsp, EOL characters are displayed now (see Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Show TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF marks). I added an enhancement on our bugzilla.
Thanks!

David