Sort topics by the last change

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
anna_craneo

Sort topics by the last change

Post by anna_craneo »

Hi!
I want to automatically sort topics in the map during transformation by the last change (meaning the most recently updated topics are at the beginning of the map). Is there any way to do so in OxygenXML?
cosmin_andrei

Re: Sort topics by the last change

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility for now to do that but it is an interesting idea.
I have added a feature request in our internal issue tracking. We will let you know when this will be implemented.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
anna_craneo

Post by anna_craneo »

Andrei, thanks for making a request for such a feature.
Though I still need somehow understand when a topic has been changed. Probably, I can add some sort of tag or artifact to each one of them that will indicate the date of change?
For now, my only idea is to turn on the tracking of changes but probably there is a better solution?
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Anna,

I'm afraid there is no such possibility in the current implementation of WebHelp so far.
The good news, if I can say so myself, is that we already had an improvement request logged also for this - to make it possible to display a timestamp for last modification on a topic.
I have just added your comments and a vote for the improvement.

We will notify this thread when any of the requested improvements become available.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support