end-tag autocompletion problem

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
gpm2a

end-tag autocompletion problem

Post by gpm2a »

When a line of text is long enough to extend beyond the right-hand edge of the text editor pane, and when I am typing near the edge of the editor pane, end-tag autocompletion does not work.

In other words: if I am typing in the editor pane and I am not near the right-hand edge of the editor pane, I can type </ and oXygen will automatically complete the appropriate end-tag for me, resulting in </elementName> for example. This is the expected behavior.

However, if I am typing at the right-hand edge of the editor pane, when I type </ nothing happens. End-tag autocompletion simply fails to occur.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

The end tag is inserted on / through the content completion mechanism. In the case you described the content completion popup does not appear so the end tag cannot be inserted. We investigate what happens as the content completion should appear. Thank you for reporting this problem.

Best regards,
George
gpm2a

Post by gpm2a »

Further experimentation shows that the content completion mechanism fails only if the text-insertion caret is immediately followed by something other than whitespace.

For example, if typing at the edge of the editor pane as follows:
<p>... The problem occurs <emph>here|</p>
where the | (vertical bar) character represents the text-insertion caret, the content completion mechanism fails to insert the </emph> closing tag.

If the text-insertion caret is followed by whitespace, or by nothing at all (end-of-line character), then the content completion mechanism works just fine:
<p>... The problem does not occur <emph>here|

Also, I should have said that I'm using oXygen 7.1 on Windows XP.
sorin_ristache

Re: end-tag autocompletion problem

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I just want to add a note to let you know that the problem is fixed. If you download the current version and try the content completion feature the popup is displayed correctly.

Regards,
Sorin