Removing filename and folder from Webhelp responsive search results

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
cll

Removing filename and folder from Webhelp responsive search results

Post by cll »

Webhelp responsive search results include the title of the topic, some text from the topic and the topic's file name. Our cms generates the html filenames so they are just random characters. Is there a parameter that removes the filename from the search results?

To clarify: I am not trying to exclude files themselves from the search. I want the files searched but I do not want the html filename to show up in the results because it has no meaning to the end-user.
Costin

Re: Removing filename and folder from Webhelp responsive search results

Post by Costin »

Hello,

You can use a rule in your customization CSS to style the element holding the file name.
As a general rule, to identify the selectors appropriate to the elements you want to style, you could use your internet browser's CSS inspector.
Once you identified the selector, the use it in your own rules to apply custom properties in the customization CSS. For more information, see this section from our User-Guide.

In this sepcific case, the selector for the elements you want to hide from search results is the "relativePath" class, so you could use:

Code: Select all

*[class~="relativePath"]{
display: none;
}
in your customization CSS.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support