FileNotFoundException for ditaval

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
kmank

FileNotFoundException for ditaval

Post by kmank »

I am working with several authors that have an issue with a ditaval. We all have the same environment setup (same paths, files, etc).
When they open a ditaval in oXygen Editor, validation results in:

Code: Select all

System ID: D:\oXygen Files\ditavals\DynamicProfiling.ditaval
Main validation file: D:\oXygen Files\ditavals\DynamicProfiling.ditaval
Engine name: Xerces
Severity: fatal
Description: FileNotFoundException-D:\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\dtd\ditaval\dtd\ditaval.dtd (The system cannot find the path specified)
The problem I see is the path in the validation error. That path does not exist for any of us. Where is that path being derived?

On my machine, I do NOT receive any validation errors.
This all results in unsuccessful filtering for them and successful filtering for me.

Any thoughts?
Radu

Re: FileNotFoundException for ditaval

Post by Radu »

Hi,

So you have a custom "frameworks" folder which you probably copied from an Oxygen installation, right? From what Oxygen installation version did you copy it from? Did you update it to the more recent Oxygen installation version?
Are you using exactly the same external "frameworks" folder as your colleagues? I will assume you referred to it in the Oxygen Preferences->"Document Type Association / Locations" page.
In the Oxygen Preferences->"Document Type Association" page you should find a "DITAVAL" framework configuration. If you edit that, there is a "Schema" tab and in recent versions of Oxygen the reference to the schema looks like this: ${framework}/DITA-OT2.x/plugins/org.oasis-open.dita.v1_3/dtd/ditaval/dtd/ditaval.dtd. Probably on your colleague's computers the reference still points to a DTD inside a DITA-OT folder which is no longer distributed with Oxygen.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com