Hiding chapter number from selected topics

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Jere

Hiding chapter number from selected topics

Post by Jere »

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to select which topics show their number in ToC (and in the doc itself). My goal for a ToC is:

Contents

1 Overview
2 Second chapter
3 More
Related Documents
Revision History

Currently I have every topic numbererd, including the last two. They are topics in my bookmap (<chapter href="relateddocuments.xml" type="topic"/>)

Is there a way? Thanks! :)
Costin

Re: Hiding chapter number from selected topics

Post by Costin »

Hi Jere,

In order to think of an accurate and as easier as possible solution, we first need to identify what transformation scenario are you using to publish your bookmap.
I guess you are publishing the bookmap to PDF, but could you please let me know if you are using the DITA Map PDF scenario, or the DITA Map PDF WYSIWYG one?

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Jere

Post by Jere »

Hi Costin,

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my slow one.

I'm using DITA Map PDF scenario.

Regards,
Jere
Dan

Post by Dan »

You can try to use a DITA bookmap instead of DITA map, and wrap the topics you do not need numbered into an appendix element.
If the output is still not good, try getting help on the DITA users list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dita-ot-users

If you decide to use the CSS customizations from the WYSIWYG scenario, the answer is this:
post45552.html?hilit=number%20chapter#p45552

Many regards,
Dan