Where's the XPath Builder View?

Oxygen general issues.
Kermitt

Where's the XPath Builder View?

Post by Kermitt »

According to this manual page http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/ ... ilder-view, there's meant to be an XPath Builder View under Perspective-->Show View. (Although I notice that particular page of the documentation doesn't exist in the offline help.) Was this feature removed at some point? Is it coming back?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Kermitt,

Starting with Oxygen 7.1 the XPath Builder View is available and visible in the rightmost part of the editor (next to the Information and Properties views). You can click it and then toggle it's autohide state.
If you say you can't find it neither in the Perspective-> Show View menu nor in the offline help, thin means you are not running Oxygen 7.1 but 7.0 on your machine. You can check this in the Help -> About menu.

Hope this helps,
Regards, Radu.
Kermitt

Post by Kermitt »

Yup, you'd be right. I am running 7.0, and that's probably because the link to the Windows version on your download page (without the Java VM included) still appears to be pointing to a 7.0 installation instead of 7.1. I've just successfully downloaded 7.1 from the mirror site though. I'm about to leave work right now, so I'll install it tomorrow morning and see how I go.

While I'm here, will the 7.0 trial license work with 7.1? Or will I have to upgrade the license somehow or request another?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Kermitt,

Thanks for reporting the link, we'll look into that.
Sure, the 7 license (trial or not) works for all 7 minor versions, so you won't me asked for a new license on reinstall.

Regards, Radu.
Kermitt

Post by Kermitt »

Got 7.1 installed without any probs and the XPath Builder is in there as you said it would be. Thanx for your help Radu.