awt error killing xslt debugger

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jonwbyrn

awt error killing xslt debugger

Post by jonwbyrn »

[ AWT-EventQueue-0 ] - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I have my java memeory set at 768m in the oxygen.bat file.

I am trying to transform a 4700 line xml file. The xsl transforms are fairly demanding in thier complexity.

Any thoughts?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The OutOfMemory error means that the objects created by your transformation are too many or too large (possible for large input XML documents) and the memory space reserved by the Java virtual machine for creating objects is not enough for completing the transformation. I would say it is very rare that 768 MB reserved for the Java virtual machine running <oXygen/> are not enough for an XSLT transformation knowing that the processing flow does not go into an infinite loop (in that case the error would be StackOverflowError). The problem seems to be in your XSLT stylesheet which builds many large nodeset objects. Can you send samples of the input XML and XSLT files at support at oxygenxml dot com in order to reproduce the error ?

Regards,
Sorin
jonwbyrn

Post by jonwbyrn »

Hello,

I have sent in the files to the support email. I am able to transform using other engines like xsltproc without problem so I think the xsl is okay. For example it takes about 5 seconds with xsltproc.

Thanks!

Jon
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Jon,

Thank you, we received the files. The problem is in a core Swing component shipped with the Java virtual machine and used in <oXygen/> to render the XHTML output in the debugger perspective. There is a workaround: disable the XHTML output view from Options -> Preferences -> XML / XSLT/FO -> Debugger. After you debug your transformation if you want to see the (X)HTML output just enable the Open in browser option of the transformation scenario to open the transformation result automatically in a Web browser. A similar problem was already posted on this forum. In your case switching from Java 1.4.2 to java 1.5.0 is not enough, you have to disable the XHTML output view.

Regards,
Sorin