Markdown plugin does not appear in transform list

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
manthony

Markdown plugin does not appear in transform list

Post by manthony »

Hi,

I'm trying to use https://github.com/jelovirt/dita-ot-markdown to transform from DITA to Markdown. According to what I've read, I should be able to do this from Oxygen. However, the transformation type is not appearing in the Transformation Scenarios dialog.

- My Open toolkit is set to Built-in DITA-0T 2.x with ....
- I've run the DITA-OT integrator successfully

Code: Select all

Executing:
"/Applications/oxygen/.install4j/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapple.awt.UIElement=true -Xmx256m -classpath "/Applications/oxygen/tools/ant/lib/ant-launcher.jar" "-Dant.home=/Applications/oxygen/tools/ant" org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/ant-apache-resolver-1.9.7.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/ant-launcher.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/ant.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/commons-codec-1.10.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/commons-io-2.5.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/dost-configuration.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/dost-patches.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/dost.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/guava-19.0.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/jsearch.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/xml-apis-1.4.01.jar" -lib "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/xml-resolver-1.2.jar" -f "/Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/integrator.xml" "-Dstrict=true" "-Dwebhelp.trial.license=no"

Buildfile: /Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/integrator.xml

integrate:
[jar] Building jar: /Applications/oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT2.x/lib/dost-configuration.jar

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 0 seconds

The process finished with exit code: 0
My environment has the plugins:

Code: Select all

$ ls plugins/com.elovirta.*
plugins/com.elovirta.dita.markdown:
LICENSE asm-util-5.0.3.jar markdown-1.3.0.jar pegdown-1.6.0.jar
asm-5.0.3.jar build.xml markdown-converter-bridge.jar plugin.xml
asm-analysis-5.0.3.jar build_template.xml parboiled-core-1.1.7.jar snakeyaml-1.18.jar
asm-tree-5.0.3.jar conductor.xml parboiled-java-1.1.7.jar xsl

plugins/com.elovirta.ooxml:
LICENSE README.md build.xml docx integrator.xml lib plugin.xml resources
Any ideas? I have a 19.X license
Radu

Re: Markdown plugin does not appear in transform list

Post by Radu »

Hi,

What Oxygen version are you using? From what I remember in Oxygen 18.1 we added this specific plugin to the DITA OT 2.x which comes with Oxygen so if you have Oxygen 18.1 or newer you did not need to install anything.
In the "Configure Transformation Scenarios" dialog you can only see the list of already created transformation scenarios. If you press the "New" button there you can decide to create a new "DITA OT" scenario type and you will be presented with a list of available transtypes. The Markdown transtype should be there.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
manthony

Re: Markdown plugin does not appear in transform list

Post by manthony »

Thanks Radu...that seems to be the one. I had understood that the plugin was read automatically by the Ant integration job. Guess not. :wink: