Search not working with local transform

ann.jensen

Search not working with local transform

Fri May 05, 2017 11:02 am

Hi,
I may be losing it :-|....but should Search work when using the output from a local WebHelp transform done in Oxygen XML Author?
Mine is unresponsive when I interact with it.
Any advice appreciated,
Regards,
Ann
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Search not working with local transform

Fri May 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello,

What version and build number of Oxygen are you using to generate the WebHelp output? Which transformation scenario are you using: the DITA Map WebHelp Classic or DITA Map WebHelp Responsive?
The search function should work even if you are accessing the WebHelp output locally in both versions of WebHelp: responsive or classic.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi Bogdan,

I am using Oxygen XML Author v 19.0 and transforming using WebHelp Responsive plugin.
I launch the output from C:\<path to my files>\out\webhelp-responsive\index.html. When I enter a keyword into the search box and click Search I am brought to file:///C:\<path to my files>/out/webhelp-responsive/search.html?searchQuery=bla but there are no results and I don't understand why.
Thanks,
Ann
bogdan_cercelaru

Fri May 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello,

I've just tried with Oxygen v19.0, build 2017033118 and I cannot reproduce this behavior.
Using the our flowers.ditamap sample, I've applied the built-in DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario. After the transformation successfully ended, the browser open with the generated WebHelp. I enter the string "iris" in the search input and press the search button. The browser now redirects me to the "file:///.../samples/dita/flowers/out/webhelp-responsive/search.html?searchQuery=iris" and the page display the message "5 document(s) found for iris" and the found pages.
I've tested with the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, IE11 and Microsoft Edge.
Are you using the built-in transformation scenario or a custom one? Please try with the built-in transformation scenario and let us know if it work.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
ann.jensen

Fri May 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Bogdan,
Yes it does work as expected with the built-in DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario :-|
My transformation scenario is a customized version of the built-in DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario.
Something has changed since I moved to Oxygen 19.0 as I am sure it was working fine before then.
Have you any ideas where I should start my investigations to trouble-shoot this?
Thanks in advance,
Ann
bogdan_cercelaru

Wed May 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello,

Please transform our "flowers.ditamap" sample using your customized DITA-OT transformation scenario and send us the ZIP containing the generated output at support@oxygenxml.com.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
ann.jensen

Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,
I have emailed on this information.
It is definitely an issue with my project and Oxygen WebHelp 19.0 as I see it happening after building on our upgraded server now also.
Any advice appreciated.
Regards,
Ann

Return to “DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)”