"learn structure" question??

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
nihilo

"learn structure" question??

Post by nihilo »

Is it possible to save the learned structure of a document? I am writing many, many documents, all of which have the same strucure. I would like to save the structure of a complete document, so that I can have auto-complete work when I create a new document. I don't see how to do this though, and so everytime I start a new document, there is no auto-complete until I've done enough of the document to do 'learn structure' again. I'm using 2.0.3 plugin on Eclipse Linux 2.1.1 GTK.

cheers..
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

You can do this from the standalone version. There you have more alternatives, the simplest one is to use the "Save structure" action. You can find this near the "Learn document structure" on the toolbar. This will save a DTD and will also add the DOCTYPE declaration in the edited file. Alternatively you can use the Trang plugin to get not only a DTD but also an XML Schema from a set of instance documents. Once you have your DTD or XML Schema in place you can use the "New XML" wizard or create a document template and use that to easily create new documents.

Hope that helps,
George