Finding orphans of orphans

Oxygen general issues.
GingerSnap

Finding orphans of orphans

Post by GingerSnap »

I am looking for a way to find *all* the topics that are pulled in to the output but not in the ditamap.

I know about the verification option "Report Links to Topics not referenced in DITA maps"

My limited testing indicates that this option reports the first level of topics that are linked to from a topic in the ditamap but not actually in the ditamap, but not any other "levels"

What I need is to add to the report any topics that the (first level) orphan point to, and topics that those topics point to etc ... These topics are also pulled into the final output but I don't know how to find them. And so I can not quantify them and whether it is a large issue or a small issue.

Thanks for any insights.
Radu

Re: Finding orphans of orphans

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Indeed the warnings reported in such cases intentionally report topics which are directly referenced by the topics linked in the DITA Map.
We made this decision to make it easier to see the "roots" of the problem instead of showing multiple errors and confusing our end users about what should be done to remove the problem. So right now you cannot build up such a report using Oxygen.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com