Search Attribute Not Working

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dgallo

Search Attribute Not Working

Post by dgallo »

Hello,

I am using oxygen 17.1. In my ditamap, I am turning a topic's search attribute to no, so that it does not show up in search results. When I compile the webhelp, it does not work. The topic still appears in search results.

Am I missing something?
Radu

Re: Search Attribute Not Working

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Our WebHelp output does not yet take the DITA topicref @search attribute into account when building its Javascript-based dictionary of key words.
We already have an issue opened for this and we'll update this thread when the issue gets implemented.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
gchale3rd

Post by gchale3rd »

Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

We occasionally have scenarios where we need to prevent a DITA topic from displaying in the table of contents and search results. Setting a <topicref> element's @toc attribute = yes works great for preventing the topic from displaying in the table of contents. Unfortunately, the @search attribute does not seem to work.

Thanks!
marius

Post by marius »

Hi,
There are two methods to exclude certain resources from search results, both described here.
I just checked the search attribute method on the latest Oxygen Editor kit (version 25.1) available on our website and it works fine for me.
Another thing that may help is to set the clean.output attribute to yes which deletes all files from the output folder before the transformation is performed.
Regards,
Marius
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML