Duplicate output for reused Dita map

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ann.jensen

Duplicate output for reused Dita map

Post by ann.jensen »

Hello,
I am using Oxygen XML Author with the WebHelp transformation engine. I have a dita structure with a single root ditamap and many child maps and topics.
I have added a reference to one of my child maps within another map but it is displaying duplicate content for the referenced map topics after transforming and I cannot understand why.
Should I be able to a re-use a map like this?
Thanks in advance,
Ann
Radu

Re: Duplicate output for reused Dita map

Post by Radu »

Hi Ann,

I'm sorry but I do not understand the problem.
Could you possibly give more details? Maybe create a small sample DITA project and send it to support@oxygenxml.com?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi Radu,
Unfortunately this is happening in my large, complex production map and I cannot seem to recreate it in a smaller demo map :(
I will try to describe it again here.
I have many maps at many levels of depth (0 to 3) in my project. I created a child map at level 3 called VendorRegistration.ditamap which has the following structure -
Map
--Header topic
----Other topics x 8

This map has 2 levels of topics within it. This map is a child of a map at level 2 depth. I wanted to reuse this map content within another map also at level 2 depth and so selected Append Child --> Reference and selected VendorRegistration.ditamap.
This is all fine until I build out the content using the WebHelp transformation. When I navigate in to the 2 instances of the map header topic for VendorRegistration.ditamap and select it in the TOC, I am seeing the 8 child topics in the content window twice i.e. 16 links.

I know this must be difficult to picture but I just wanted to check if this is a known issue or if I have managed to unearth an unknown (I have a knack at that :wink: )

Thanks again,
Ann
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Just to add, if I add 2 references to the map (VendorRegistration.ditamap) then I end up seeing the topic content links displayed 3 times.
Regards,
Ann
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Ann,

Right now I cannot think of a similar bug registered on the WebHelp.
Could you try publishing to plain XHTML? If it behaves the same, the bug would be in the common DITA OT code. Otherwise, the bug would be in the WebHelp plugin.
If at some point you can come up with some samples for this, just email us and we'll look into this on our side.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Post by ann.jensen »

Hi Radu,
No it doesn't happen when building XHTML but then the problem isn't in the TOC when building to WebHelp...only in the content window.
I have emailed you a screenshot of the output from the webhelp.
Regards,
Ann