History of flattenSchema.sh

Oxygen general issues.
tara_athan

History of flattenSchema.sh

Post by tara_athan »

We use a build script for our schema development that employs some oXygen scripts, including flattenSchema. Since our team members have a variety of platforms and oXygen versions, I have been discovering, the hard way, that the name and signature of flattenSchema has changed. E.g. in version 14 on Mac, it is flattenSchemaMac.sh and takes two parameters, the input file and the output file. In version 17 it is flattenSchema.sh even on the Mac, and it takes various options, e.g. -in:... for the input file . Is there documentation you can point me to for this history, e.g. in which version was this change made, and are there other platform-specific or version-specific variations that I need to account for in the build script?

Thanks, Tara
adrian

Re: History of flattenSchema.sh

Post by adrian »

Hello Tara,
tara_athan wrote:In version 17 it is flattenSchema.sh even on the Mac
The command line script for the flatten schema tool from the Mac OS X distributions of Oxygen has always been (and still is) "flattenSchemaMac.sh".
"flattenSchema.sh" is only included in the Linux and All platforms distributions of Oxygen.
"flattenSchema.bat" is only included in the Windows and All platforms distributions of Oxygen.
Could you please double check what distribution did you download?
The OS X distributions of Oxygen have .app launchers for the main application and other GUI tools. If you don't see the .app launchers (e.g. Oxygen XML Editor.app), you have another distribution.

The documentation for the flatten schema tool is here:
Oxygen XML Editor 17.0 - Flatten an XML Schema

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com