Adding Document Type Association Templates

Oxygen general issues.
newt

Adding Document Type Association Templates

Post by newt »

Hi,

I'm trying to add some new templates to the DITA Document Templates. I can save the setting but can't work out where that is saved. I've set Document Type Association data to be stored in the project config but this doesn't appear to be happening (there's nothing appropriate in the XPR files). Looking a little further I can't find it in the main config file (oxyOptionsSa17.xml) either.

So... where is this stored and can I store it in the project config so I can share it with my team?

thanks

nic
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training
Radu

Re: Adding Document Type Association Templates

Post by Radu »

Dear Nic,

What you probably did was to go to the Preferences->"Document Type Association" page and edit directly the "DITA" document type association. If so, all your changes were saved to this file:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\dita.framework

Here are two more options for you which are better for sharing the new file templates:

1) Open the Preferences->Editor / Templates / Document Templates page and switch it to project-level options. Add in it an entry like ${pd}/templates.
After this, in your project folder you can have a templates folder with the new file templates.

2) In the Preferences->"Document Type Association" preferences page remove the modifications you made directly to the DITA framework. Then switch the preferences page to Project level and use the "Extend" button to extend the DITA framework. In the framework extension make the same modifications you made in the original DITA framework. Those changes will be stored at project level and the DITA extension will have higher priority than the base DITA framework.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com