Disable drag and drop in outline

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
mclausen

Disable drag and drop in outline

Post by mclausen »

Hello,

I am currently working on editting and validating several xml files. I use the outline view to navigate throughout them. It never fails that I mistakenly drag and drop an element somewhere that I did not want to.

Would it be possible to add an option that would allow you turn on a warning that would ask you if you meant to move the section you just did?
Or even to disable the drag and drop function in the outline?

Thanks,
Messina
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You can undo any document modification including modifications done by drag and drop in the Outline from Edit - Undo (CTRL + Z).

Best regards,
Sorin
smaug42

Post by smaug42 »

That works if you realise you did a drag/drop. But if you're like me, you're in a hurry (as usual) you do some work.. opening files.. skipping around in the project... adding files and directories to the project, taking some out... then at the end of the day you do a commit back to the database. Several days later you check out that project file... and go looking for a specific directory or file and it's missing from where it's supposed to be because somewhere along the line you accidently dragged a component and dropped it on another without realizing it. Then you spend loads of time trying to track down where the silly thing went.

It was very frustrating... espcially when you conside that my projects often are over 1000 components.

Being able to toggle it on/off woudl be a huge bonus - or even being able to toggle a confirmation on/off (so that by default it still works exactly as it does now, but you can turn on a confirmation dialog for those of us who don't like the drag drop once the project is "stable")
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
smaug42 wrote:Being able to toggle it on/off woudl be a huge bonus - or even being able to toggle a confirmation on/off
We noted the request. It will be implemented in a future version.

Thank you,
Sorin
tavy

Post by tavy »

Hello,

We added support for enabling/disabling drag and drop in outliner and project. This will be available in the next release version.

Best Regards,
Octavian