CSS changes..topic.css

Find out <oXygen/> related news.
kumarmanish

Re: CSS changes..topic.css

Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:43 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks For you Help!!!

i have created own indexterm.framwork but it is not reflecting when i am integrating with the topic.css but one thing i compared with your file that you have shared with me and my file but i got lots of differences.

but problem is how I will integrate indexterm.framwork file with the topic.css file?

Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks,
Manish
alex_jitianu

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi Manish,

Inside indexterm.css there are some CSS rules. These should be copied inside topic.css and if needed, adapted. These rules bind the author action to a form control. You don't need the *.framework file but what you need is the author action which is defined here. Edit the sample indexterm framework and take a look at the author action defined in it (tab Author, sub-tab Actions). You need to create an identical one in the DITA framework, also [url=http://oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/17.0/ug-editor/#topics/the-action-dialog.html#the-action-dialog]by using the GUI[/url].

Best regards,
Alex
kumarmanish

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:34 am

Hi Team,

Thanks for your Help!!!

I have some question related to css and oxygen below.

1. If i am creating othermeta data in author mode it is creating with some attribut like name and content. I want to provide some default value for name attribute. how I can provide default value for the name attribute for the othermeta element.
Ex: <othermeta content=" " name=""/>
I want this <othermeta content=" " name="defaultvalue"/>
2. If i am removing indexterm element in author mode keywords is also removed so that i am unable to insert indexterm because keyword is the parent element of <indexterm> and <keyword>. i want to make keywords non removable in author mode so that i can insert indexterm and keyword element in author mode.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Thanks,
Manish
kumarmanish

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Team,

Thanks for your Help!!!

I have some question related to css and oxygen below.

1. If i am creating othermeta data in author mode it is creating with some attribut like name and content. I want to provide some default value for name attribute. how I can provide default value for the name attribute for the othermeta element.

2. If i am removing indexterm element in author mode keywords is also removed so that i am unable to insert indexterm because keyword is the parent element of <indexterm> and <keyword>. i want to make keywords non removable in author mode so that i can insert indexterm and keyword element in author mode.

3. How to disable the placeholder value in author mode.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Thanks,
Manish
Radu

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi Manish,

Please see some answers below:

If in the Document Type Association preferences page you edit the DITA document type, in the Author->Content Completion tab you have a list called Filter - Remove content completion items. You can add othermeta to that list.
After this, in the Author->Actions tab you can create a new action with the ID and name othermeta which has an activation XPath expression and uses the predefined ro.sync.ecss.extensions.commons.operations.InsertFragmentOperation operation to insert the proper XML fragment in the content, in your case the

Code: Select all

<othermeta content=" " name="defaultvalue"/>
Then in the Content Completion tab you can add this action to the content completion window.

No element is automatically removed, you probably remove that keywords element involuntarily when pressing Backspace or Del.
It's kind of difficult to set an element as not removable but still allow editing inside it.
Possibly you could do that using our Java API. But are you sure this is the right thing to do? Maybe end users want to remove the <keywords> element at some point.

3. How to disable the placeholder value in author mode.

In the Oxygen Preferences->Editor / Edit modes / Author there is an option called Show placeholder for empty elements which can be unchecked.

If you want to hide this from the CSS for the indexterm element, you can write a selector like:

indexterm{
    -oxy-show-placeholder:default !important;
}

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
kumarmanish

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your Help!!!:)

Is it possible to change placeholder value like supposed i have added <keyword> element, in the place holder value keyword will shown but i want to display only "key".

Thanks,
Manish
Radu

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:15 am

Hi Manish,

You can do that like:

keyword{
    -oxy-placeholder-content:"key";
}

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/#topics/dg-placeholder-css-extension.html

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
kumarmanish

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your reply!!

>><othermeta content=" " name="defaultvalue"/>

Is it not possible with css code?

Thanks,
Manish
Radu

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Manish,

The CSS controls how things look like not what the XML content actually contains.
So if you want the inserted XML content to actually have that name set to a certain value you cannot do that via CSS.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
kumarmanish

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Team,

Thanks for your support!!

I have used "oxy_combobox()" for the displaying the value in the drop down list in author mode but i am getting error like below.

but in author mode it is showing like : java.lang.NullPointerException

In error file .

java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at ro.sync.exml.yb.getIconUrl(Unknown Source)
            at ro.sync.contentcompletion.n.d.u(Unknown Source)
            at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.g.b$4.mouseMove(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:212)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
            at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)
            at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
            at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

But once we place a cursor on that error it is replaced with drop down list.

Thanks,
Manish
alex_jitianu

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello Manish,

I'm not sure if the exception is related with the use of the oxy_combobox(). Are you saying that the message "java.lang.NullPointerException" is rendered in the place where the combo should be presented and when you click it the combo appears? In which Eclipse version/distribution is the Oxygen plugin installed?

I've sent you on your email address some details on how we can obtain more logging information. If you have a sample file on which you reproduce the issue consistently please send it on our support email address (probably together with the modified topic.css).

Best regards,
Alex
kumarmanish

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 am

Hi Team,

Thanks for you Support!!

I want to change the order of element in prolog section of the author mode is it possible.

Example:
Source
Permissions right now it is showing like that only.

But i want to show like below.
Permissions:
Source:

Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks
Manish
Radu

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Manish,

Sorry but this cannot be done, the Author mode renders the elements in the order in which they appear in the document.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
kumarmanish

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 am

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your Reaply!

I want to display the attribute value in author mode.

Example: <bookeventtype name="workflow_status" value="work"/>
output i want : bookeventtype = work in author mode.

Thanks,
Manish
mihaela

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:39 am

Hi Manish,

You can associate a CSS with your document and add the following rule:

bookeventtype {
 content: "bookeventtype = " attr(value);
}

Here is the documentation of the attr() function:
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#attr

Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
kumarmanish

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:58 am

Hi Team,

Thanks For your Reply!

Actually, i have one problem related to <option> element in author mode. When i am trying to add <option> element as inner element of <booknumber> in author mode then i am able to add <option> element with text box. But when i am selecting <option> element individually then i am not able to select Why?. The below code i have added for the option element.

bookid option:before{
    display:inline;
    content:oxy_label(text, "   Variant1", width, 168px, text-align, left,color,gray);
   font-size: smaller;   
   font-weight:normal;
}

*[class~="pr-d/option"]{
      content:oxy_textfield(
      edit, '#text',
      tooltip, 'Hi this is variant1',
      columns, 21);
}   

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks,
Manish
alex_jitianu

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 am

Hello Manish,

So a booknumber/option element has a text box associated but an <option> from a different location doesn't, right? I suspect that there is another CSS rule (with a greater specificity) that matches and overrides the "content" property (the text box is bounded on the "content property"). In Oxygen version 17.0 we've added a CSS Inspector view that makes it easier to identify such a rule. If you are not running version 17.0 then you must inspect the selectors and look for the ones that match on the <option> element.
kumarmanish

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply!

I have provided text box for <Booknumber> and <option> element but when I am adding <option> element inside the <booknumber> element then I am selecting <option> element its not selecting. But when I am removing the text of <booknumber> element then I am able to select <option> element.

Actually i want text box for both <booknumber> and <option> as well as child element should select it is possible.

Thanks,
Manish
alex_jitianu

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi Manish,

Unfortunately I haven't really understood the scenario... Can you please send me on support@oxygenxml.com the framework, a sample file and instructions on how to reproduce the behavior?

I've tested this piece of CSS and as far as I can tell it worked (I had text boxes for all <option> elements). What this CSS has in addition to yours is the fact that it hides the text content of the <option> element (snce we are editing it using a text box we don't want to see it anywhere else)

*[class~="pr-d/option"]:before {
      content:oxy_textfield(
      edit, '#text',
      tooltip, 'Hi this is variant1',
      columns, 21);
}
*[class~="pr-d/option"] {
    visibility:-oxy-collapse-text;
}

Best regards,
Alex