DOCX DITA plugin -- images not copied to output folder

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
rminaker

DOCX DITA plugin -- images not copied to output folder

Post by rminaker »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the DOCX DITA plugin (net.sourceforge.dita4publishers.word2dita). I've been successfully able to map and convert everything I've wanted to do except I run into an issue with images.

The images in my Word documents don't copy over into the output folder. In my XML files I get this error message:

"Cannot display image (hover for details) C:\Documents\out\topics\media\image1.png"

I've tried everything I can think of and looked for every possible parameter to edit and I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan
Radu

Re: DOCX DITA plugin -- images not copied to output folder

Post by Radu »

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if the DITA for Publishers word conversion also supports converting the embedded images to files on disk. You should ask this question on the Yahoo Groups DITA Users List. Eliot Kimber created the DITA For Publishers plugins and is registered there so he will probably give you more information.

An alternative to using the D4P plugins to convert Word to DITA is to use Oxygen's smart paste functionality. Just copy the entire content of the word document and paste it in a DITA topic opened in Oxygen in the Author editing mode to perform a conversion from Word to DITA.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
rminaker

Re: DOCX DITA plugin -- images not copied to output folder

Post by rminaker »

Thanks Radu.

I followed up with Elliot like you suggested. I also figured out a way to solve my problem rather easily using the Oxygen Archive Browser.

You can see the post here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dit ... pics/36984

The Smart Paste works well, but for what I'm trying to do -- mass file conversion -- would just be too much work.

Thanks again for your help,

R.