Profiling Condition Sets don't show in menu anymore

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Frank Ralf

Profiling Condition Sets don't show in menu anymore

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

We use a profiling condition set defined in a DITAVAL file. But somehow this profiling set don't show in the profiling menu anymore. I also tried with a condition set created via the oXygen GUI and it also doesn't show.

I'm not aware of any changes to our oXygen setup, though. After reading "Adding profiling attributes and condition sets" I suspect that the connection to the associated document type might be broken. How can I check this?

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
alex_jitianu

Re: Profiling Condition Sets don't show in menu anymore

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Frank,

Go to Window->Show view... and select the Properties view. You can check in this view if the matched document type is the expected one. Profiling condition sets are associated with a document type so if the document doesn't match that document type anymore then that might be the reason it's not showing. Maybe the name of the document type changed?

Best regards,
Alex
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your quick reply and the pointers. I will check and report back.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Alex,

The culprit was indeed the name of our custom content type. We had changed it from "DITA for Customer" to "Customer DITA" lately so the default pattern "DITA*" for matching DITAVAL imports didn't work anymore. Unfortunately, as described in " Adding profiling attributes and condition sets" one cannot change the default pattern during import but has to do so manually afterwards. After changing the document type pattern to "*DITA*" everything is ok now.

Unfortunately, AFAIU, defining profiling attributes on document type level so they can be deployed with an oXygen framework doesn't work (yet). Is that correct?

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Frank,

You are right, right now it is not possible to give the profiling attributes at the document type level. We do have a requested feature for it though, so I will add your vote for it.

Another idea would be to use a Subject Scheme to define the profiling attributes. If you use such a subject scheme Oxygen will automatically pick up the profiling attributes from it.

Best regards,
Alex
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information and the pointer regarding Subject Scheme Maps. As we plan to use Subject Scheme Maps anyway in the long run this will also take care of the profiling set association ;-)

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Just an update regarding the DITAVAL import:

Recent versions of oXygen add *DITA* (with two wildcards) as document type when importing DITAVAL files so above mentioned issue with a document type of "Customer DITA" is solved.

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com