Break page topicref

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Le Basque

Break page topicref

Post by Le Basque »

Hi,

I want that topicref first level starts on an odd page

Code: Select all

<topicref href="Topics/topic1.dita">
<topicref href="Topics/topic1_1.dita"/>
<topicref href="Topics/topic1_2.dita"/>
</topicref>
<topicref href="Topics/topic2.dita"/>
In example i want Topics/topic1.dita and Topics/topic2.dita starts on an odd page

Thank you for help
Le Basque

Re: Break page topicref

Post by Le Basque »

Nobody can help me?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

Did you look at the layout masters created in the file OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\cfg\fo\layout-masters.xsl? Maybe you can customize one of these layout masters for forcing a topic included on the first level in the DITA map to start on an odd page. I think you can find many experts for the DITA PDF transformation on the dita-users mailing list.

Regards,
Sorin
Le Basque

Post by Le Basque »

Finally I found a solution, but the pagination appears on the blank page generated
Is it possible to remove the pagination on the white pages generated?

Thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

HI,

This issue in the PDF output is a general problem in the DITA-OT toolkit. The Oxygen application includes a distribution of the DITA-OT toolkit but this toolkit is an external open-source project not controlled by our company, with a large community of users. You may access this DITA-OT community and their extensive knowledge on the dita-users mailing list, where we also contribute and reply to DITA-OT user requests. I think it is better to post this question on that mailing list where many DITA experts are available and where the the other members of the DITA community can share the answer.

Regards,
Sorin