Arrow key navigation in dialog boxes

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Frank Ralf

Arrow key navigation in dialog boxes

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hello,

Usually I create new topic files by first creating a <topicref> with the desired file name in a map and then opening that link to the not yet existing file by using the Ctrl+Enter keyboard shortcut.

Then the "Cannot open specified file" dialog opens which provides the option to "Create new file". However, I cannot choose this option using the arrow keys but instead have to use the mouse to click the button. I would prefer to keep my keyboard-based workflow.

I know I could also use Alt+C in this instance, but that would require me to learn or look up each key combination for every dialog box. Just moving between buttons with the arrow keys is much more intuitive.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Costin

Re: Arrow key navigation in dialog boxes

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the arrow navigation for dialog buttons is not currently implemented in oXygen.
However, we already have this logged in our internal issue tracking system and I have just added your remark on it.

Meanwhile, as a workaround to use the keyboard instead of mouse, you may use (as you already figured out) the "Alt+C" combination, or - even easier - you could use the "Tab" key until you focus on the "Create new file" action.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Frank Ralf

Re: Arrow key navigation in dialog boxes

Post by Frank Ralf »

Thanks for the information, Costin. And sorry for my late reply.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com