How to resolve "linktext" issues?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Carl

How to resolve "linktext" issues?

Post by Carl »

When I do a PDF transform, I get errors like the following:
Unable to retrieve linktext from target: '<file_name>.dita'. Using navigation title as fallback.
There are also variants that don't have the "Using navigation title as fallback." sentence.

I also get errors like this:
The file ../subdirectory/<another_file_name>.dita is not available to resolve link information.
However when I open the identified topic and click the link, the <another_file_name>.dita appears normally (in both the source authoring space and in WebHelp).

What do these errors mean and how do I resolve them?
Radu

Re: How to resolve "linktext" issues?

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

What Oxygen version are you using? Are you using its bundled publishing engine or an external one?
The publishing engine has various stages and in some of them it does not seem able to find a topic. This might indicate a bug in the publishing engine.
At some point a similar issue occurred when a topic was referenced from another topic's short description.
If you can provide us with a small sample DITA project exemplifying the problem (email to support@oxygenxml.com) we could look more into this.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

I am using OxygenXML Author 20.1, build 2018080903. I am certain that I'm using the bundled publishing engine.

Unfortunately, I could not replicate this error by creating a small sample project.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

I understand, it's quite hard to reduce a large project to a smaller one exhibiting the same problem.
As an alternative (if you want to pursue this further) we have a tech support form which allows people to attach large ZIP files, you can also use Oxygen's "Help menu->Support Tools->Randomize XML Text content" if you want to randomize the text content in a project before sending it to us.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

Okay, I've randomized my project and emailed it to support@oxygenxml.com. What a nifty feature!

Please let me know what you find.

Thank you.
Carl