Strange output for Webhelp transformation

ann.jensen

Strange output for Webhelp transformation

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Hello,
I am helping a colleague configure her machine with Oxygen XML Author in order to transform a pre-existing map using the WebHelp plugin.
Under Configure Transformation Scenario she has created a copy of the DITA Map WebHelp Responsive scenario and the settings on the Output tab are as follows -
Base directory: ${cfd}
Temporary Files Directory: ${cfd}/temp/webhelp-responsive
Output directory: ${cfd}/out/webhelp-responsive

The ditamap is located at C:\RestructuringJune16\TrainingDocumentation\m_doc_training_and_guidelines.ditamap

When this is transformed within Oxygen XML Author some files are built to -

Code: Select all

C:/RestructuringJune16/TrainingDocumentation/temp/webhelp-responsive/TrainingDocumentation/

and

C:\RestructuringJune16\TrainingDocumentation\out\webhelp-responsive\TrainingDocumentation\

while some including index.html are built to

C:\RestructuringJune16\TrainingDocumentation\out\webhelp-responsive

After opening index.html in a browser, the other files being linked to cannot be found as they have been generated to a subfolder called TrainingDocumentation.
Can anyone advise why this might be happening?
Thanks in advance,
Ann
bogdan_cercelaru

Re: Strange output for Webhelp transformation

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:36 am

Hello,

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue using our samples files.
Please send us a sample DITA Map at support@oxygenxml.com or through our technical support form (https://www.oxygenxml.com/techSupport.html) in order to reproduce this.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Cercelaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ann.jensen

Re: Strange output for Webhelp transformation

Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi Bogdan,
It appears the problem was a warning that I ignored from validation which was telling me that that a link to a local file couldn't be resolved. I don't understand why this resulted in the problem that it did...but removing that broken link removed the problem.
Regards,
Ann

Return to “DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)”