Author mode - disable

Find out <oXygen/> related news.
catterall

Author mode - disable

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:44 pm

How can I disable author mode completely, I work in text mode, but I often get files opened in author mode and have to switch mode.
adrian

Re: Author mode - disable

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello,

The document type of your XML document is recognized by Oxygen and its initial page is used. You can see the detected document type in the Properties view: Perspective -> Show View -> Properties.

If you want to change the default mode only for that specific document type you can do this in Options -> Preferences -> Document Type Association. Select the document type and press Edit.
At the bottom of the Document type dialog you will find the option Initial page which by default is probably set to Author. You can change it to Text and from that point on all documents of that type will be opened by default in Text mode. This is just the default for documents of that type. In addition the editor will also remember the last used mode for a specific file.

If you want to completely override the initial page for all XML documents you can do so in Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Pages. Clear the checkbox Allow Document Type specific page.... Now the initial page will only be editor dependent and in the table below you can choose the default page for each editor. For XML Editor the default is already Text.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Return to “Announcements”