Oxygen XML Editor provides an add-on mechanism that can automatically discover and install frameworks and plugins from a remote location.
Note: Frameworks that you install through the add-ons system are read-only.
To install a new add-on, follow these steps:
- Go to .
- In the displayed dialog box, fill-in the Show add-ons from with
site that hosts add-ons. If you want to see all Oxygen XML Editor default
add-ons, choose the ALL AVAILABLE SITES option from the
Show add-ons from drop down. The add-ons list contains the
name, status, update version, Oxygen XML Editor version, and the type of the add-on
(either framework, or plugin). A short description of each add-on is presented under the
add-ons list.Note: To see all the add-ons from the remote update site, disable Show only compatible add-ons and Show only the latest version of the add-ons. Incompatible add-ons are shown only to acknowledge their presence on the remote update site. You cannot install an incompatible add-on.
- By default, only the latest versions of the add-ons that are compatible with the current version of Oxygen XML Editor are displayed.
- Choose the add-ons you want to install, press the Next button,
then follow the on-screen instructions.Note: Accepting the license agreement of the add-on is a mandatory step in the installation process.Note: All add-ons are installed in the extensions directory inside the Oxygen XML Editor preferences directory.
Managing installed add-ons
To manage the installed add-ons, follow these steps:
- Go to
- The displayed dialog box presents a list of the available updates (compatible with the current version of Oxygen XML Editor) and with the already installed updates. Under the updates list, Oxygen XML Editor presents a short description of each update.
- Check for box for a specific add-on, then press Update to
update it (or Uninstall to remove it). If there is a newer
version of the add-on available, Oxygen XML Editor will download the package and
install it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
process.Note: Accepting the license agreement of the add-on is a mandatory step in the installation process.
Checking for add-on updates
To check if there are available updates for the installed add-ons, go to Oxygen XML Editor version.. This action only displays updates that are compatible with the current
To watch a video demonstration about the add-ons support in Oxygen XML Editor, go to https://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/AddonsSupport.html.